Publishing With Us
Here’s How We Help Publish and Market Your Books
- The author must contact Books Bros Publishing with a brief query letter. See our page for submission guidelines.
- After we receive your query letter, we will send you a few questions to get more information about you, your work, and your future plans as an author.
- Next, we will ask you to submit your manuscript for review. We prefer to receive manuscripts submitted in a Word Document (.docx or .doc format) so that we can track changes and make comments and edits as we review your book.
- If we like the manuscript, we will schedule a call to connect and see if working together is a good fit.
- After your book is submitted, approved for publication, and we feel it would be a good fit to publish your book, we’ll send you a publishing contract so we can come to a clear agreement and both parties will be protected.
We Do Not Charge a Fee to Publish Books
- Our editors provide free copyediting, line editing, and proofreading services to make sure your book is in top shape before we publish it.
- The author and Books Bros Publishing split all income from book sales, royalties, and subsidiary rights (foreign language translation rights, movie deals, etc. ) 60/40. Offering 60% net royalties for you, the author, after the cost of goods sold has been factored in. This means you are getting paid over 4 times more royalties than what traditional publishers offer. Books Bros Publishing will receive 40%.
- Once the contract is signed, we can discuss and agree upon the book title and cover design. We will then format the manuscript for Kindle and print. After the book title, cover design, edits, and formatting are approved by the author, we will publish the book on Amazon and other retailers and start marketing it. We can narrate and publish audiobooks as well if it makes sense to do so for your book.
- We will also write a compelling and thorough book description for the book on Amazon and do extensive keyword research and on-site Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for the book to attract as many readers as possible through Amazon search, Google, and other search engines.
- After the book is published, we will schedule a book launch and promotion. This massive week-long promotion will allow us to attract hundreds, thousands, and in some cases tens of thousands of new readers for the book. During this promotion, we will help to promote the book on dozens of blogs, forums, and book promotion websites.
- We will provide you with a list of marketing activities that only the author can do, such as connecting with Amazon reviewers, connecting with influential bloggers in your market, posting on certain forums for authors, podcast interviews, guest blogging, and more.
- After the first 90 days in KDP Select, we will evaluate book sales and our marketing efforts and form a strategy for the next 90 days—either another KDP Select promotion or distribution to other ebook distributors such as iBooks, Barnes & Nobles (Nook), Google Play, Kobo, and other digital retailers.
- Right now, we’ve found our clients earn more income by publishing exclusively with KDP Select than they would with other eBook distributors. This makes sense given all the extra perks and income from the program combined with the fact that Amazon controls over 73% of the US ebook market and as much as 80% of the UK market for eBooks.
- Please note that our income split structure may change at any time due to business requirements. This will not affect any active contracts with current authors and they will be grandfathered in.
Need Help Finishing Your Book?
If we feel that your story idea is compelling we can work with you to complete it. If we can reach an agreement then we will have you sign our contracts and all rules previously stated in this document will apply. Once your book is completed to your liking our editors will take over and we will begin the publication process. All contracts must be filled out completely before work can begin. We hope this no-cost upfront option allows you more room for flexibility in your daily life while finishing the work you’ve always dreamed of.